Fancy a job at The Good Trade?
We're looking for a Storefront Associate and Retail Operations Manager!
The role will be a part-time position, and you will be in charge of the back-end operations of offline events including talking to suppliers and coordinating with merchants for logistics as well as preparing documents and processing government (and other applicable) requirements. You will get to learn about the operations and processes from scouting for a venue to ensuring that the event goes smoothly for all stakeholders. As the selected candidate, you are to fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be 18 and above
- Able to work independently and in a small business / start-up environment
- Must be able to produce required output and meet agreed upon goals and targets during a specific period
- Willing to work from home, send updates weekly either through an email, call or a meeting.
- Communication channel and specific details such as location, date and time will be set at least 1 week before.
- On event days must be willing to work during the entire day and even beyond event hours on shifts.
- Committed, responsible, trustworthy and communicative.
- Must have initiative in assisting with logistics and keeping operations running smoothly and compliant with government rules & regulations.
- Must be a critical thinker and solution-oriented.
- Takes an interest in The Good Trade (and other CloverHartly fairs) and its merchants
- Personable, friendly and detail-oriented. No prior relevant job experience required, although some experience with event management would be preferred.
- Note: This position is for CloverHartly Marketing Services, which is the company The Good Trade is under.
How we work
- Embody The Good Trade community ethos and communicate it to fellow team members and customers.
- Align general goals and targets, and set-up a system where we can both work with ease.
- Deliver all tasks agreed upon.
- Treat and speak to people the way you want to be treated and how you want to be spoken to - regardless of whether they’re suppliers, shoppers or merchants.
- Be polite at all times and let me know if there are incidents that you cannot handle.
- Take the initiative and take ownership of your work.
- Keep communication lines open. If there are problems or hiccups, let us know right away so we can solve it while there’s still ample time.
If you feel that you are the right person for the job, please fill out the form below. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview. Compensation will be discussed them. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.