Fancy a job at The Good Trade?
We're looking for a Storefront Associate and Retail Operations Manager!
As a Storefront Associate at The Good Trade, you will be focused on providing an exceptional customer experience by assisting shoppers and stocking shelves. You will work with our Retail Operations Manager and help ensure the store achieves operational and financial goals and will embody the The Good Trade community ethos. Ideal candidates will be available 6x a week from 11am-9pm.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide warm, energetic, elevated and empathic service to everyone who enters the store.
- Embody The Good Trade community ethos and communicate it to fellow team members and customers.
- Assist with opening and closing duties and provide feedback and observations to the management team.
- Share your fit and product expertise with customers and peers alike.
- Answer customer questions regarding products and assist in customer buying decisions
- Maintain a neat and tidy store (willing to clean and wipe dust off products)
- Operate cash register to complete customer transactions
- Maintain brand and operational standards with a general knowledge of the products carried in our store
- Keep up to date with current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Assist in storefront events and in-store promotions
- Maintain storefront inventory and requisitioning new stock
- Assist in minimizing loss of company assets
- Contribute to team efforts
- Assemble and prepare merchandise for the store floor
- Pack wholesale orders and label products as needed
- Assist the manager in preparing reports
- General upkeep of the store
- Depositing cash
WHO YOU ARE
- A team player, experience in any customer-service focused environment is a plus.
- An eager student with a positive, can-do attitude and solution oriented mindset.
- A service-forward team member with a basic understanding of store financial performance.
- Bright, cheerful demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to relay product knowledge and services
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform effective selling techniques to achieve sale and repeat business
- Competency in basic computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Prior retail experience a plus
- Ability to lift /carry/move 20 lbs minimum including fixtures and product
- Intuitive and teachable in product assembly and production
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy while working quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work with your hands assembling small components
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Basic merchandising skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to resolve customer service issues and concerns, utilizing resources available
- Someone who takes initiative
RETAIL OPERATIONS LEAD
As a Store Manager at The Good Trade’s pop-up, you will play an integral role in building the foundation of our retail experience. You will curate, coach and lead a team of exceptional Storefront Associate and will promote the highest caliber of service for your team and your customers. Owning every aspect of store operations, you will champion a culture of communal ownership of your store’s success from your individual team members’ growth and performance to achieving the financial and operational goals of your store. As we grow, you will collaborate with your peers at our other store locations to continuously improve The Good Trade retail community, sharing best practices, growing moments and new ideas with empathy, authenticity and integrity. Ideal candidates will be available 6x a week from 11am-8pm.
What You'll Do
- In charge of cash operations, physical inventory, data management, store display and maintenance, training, merchandising, supply chain and others.
- Embody The Good Trade community ethos and communicate it to team members, outside partners and customers.
- Ensure your team provides warm, energetic, elevated and empathic service to everyone who enters your door.
- Execute and iterate on all operational practices to exceed financial and customer service expectations.
- Ensure brand consistency by following daily staffing and visual standards as well as operational and inventory management protocol.
- Host and manage in-store community event programming in collaboration with HQ partners.
- Monitor inventory levels and match it with product/item demand
- Maintain an open communication line with merchants and management
- Update all stakeholders by preparing and sending necessary reports
Who You Are
- A strong leader with at least 6 months previous experience managing a retail store
- A consummate team player with a solution oriented, hands-on approach and open and transparent communication style.
- An entrepreneurial store manager with sharp business acumen who loves to iterate and deliver results across every aspect of the business.
- A natural community organizer who loves to build partnerships with brand partners, ambassadors and neighborhood alliances.
- A flexible team member with a can-do attitude who thrives in the grey.
- A service expert who loves to share best practices with her team and constantly elevate her craft.
- A savvy business manager with a thorough understanding of financial performance standards and how to action KPIs
If you feel that you are the right person for the job, please fill out the form below. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview. Compensation will be discussed them. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.